Settled is building the future of home buying and selling. We’re on a mission to put a smile on the faces of everyone buying or selling a home by building next-generation products and software. That means bringing together buyers and sellers in an exchange that they are more in control of and certain that it will complete.
As well as being led by former Google execs, Settled is venture capital backed by firms including 500.co, Piton Capital, Accelerated Digital Ventures and Connect Ventures. We’re at that exciting stage where our business is growing rapidly and we’re focused on building a team who’ll be part of our journey for the years ahead.
People are at the heart of everything we do and we spend a lot of time thinking about our team and our culture. We love working with smart, creative thinkers who are passionate about collaborating and making a difference.
Why we need you
Settled is now looking for a passionate marketer to build its digital marketing function in-house from scratch. As a start-up, innovation happens fast. So, you will be comfortable with a very fluid role - being strategic one day, hands-on the next and analysing continually. But creating huge impact is what drives you. You will be creating multi-channel strategies for building brand awareness and reputation, driving to consideration and acquisition. Quickly learning and scaling the ones that work, and dropping the ones that don’t, will be your day-to-day. You’re also comfortable venturing outside your comfort zone - discovering new tactics that may not have been tried before. If you are experienced in driving revenue growth in startups or early stage companies, creative when it comes to product/lead generation strategies, love the challenge that conquering new markets bring, please apply!
- Define a growth roadmap that continually tests new acquisition channels (PPC, SEO, Display, Social, Affiliate, Referrals) and determines which are scalable and profitable
- Develop and build high impact marketing campaigns and other growth initiatives quickly, innovatively and inexpensively. You will design experiments, develop campaign strategy, work with Design and Content to build inhouse; through to analysis
- Work with the Content Manager, Design, and freelancers to oversee the production of effective content assets: landing pages, video, display, lead-generation tech
- Partner with our Analytics lead to set up the measurement and reporting on the KPI’s, lead measures and ROI of each channel - and develop ways to scale
- You will have deep understanding and empathy for customers
- You will know the customer funnel intimately and innovate with Product on opportunities for delight, growth and optimisation
- You will dig into data sources to understand the competitive market, the customer segments, and how to target and position our product offering for awareness, consideration and acquisition
- Manage media budget & recommend budget allocations based on KPIs and ROI on spend
- Work cross-functionally with product, content, tech, customer experience and analytics to build experiences that meet ambitious growth targets
Your experience will include
- 7+ years of performance marketing experience in an ecommerce, SAAS or tech environment
- You will be a pro at Adwords, Facebook, YouTube and other relevant paid media channels
- Driving low CAC through data-driven content marketing initiatives, using a variety of SEO tools including Google Analytics, Search Console, AHRefs, SEMRush
- Evidence of building in-house campaigns - optimizing conversion rate and ROI through rapid execution on messaging and media targeting
- A driver of new ideas and suggestions to drive the company’s awareness and reputation forward
- Highly analytical, data-driven
- Strong project management and setting up structured systems
- Biased towards action and highly collaborative
- Ability to take feedback, learn quickly and adapt to new situations
- Able to work alone or as part of a team
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Interest in flexing into other areas of marketing a plus
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science or Business degree (Masters a plus)
Perks and benefits
- Choose between Macbook Pro or Dell XPS
- Annual training/conferences budget
- Book budget
- Gadget budget
- Work highly iteratively and learn continuously
- 25 days holiday
- Company socials
- Company swag
- Dog-friendly office
Settled is a high paced dynamic company, our employees are all passionate about making a real disruption to the property market for the benefit of our customers.
We are a team of people that like to have fun both in work and out of work. Some of the things to expect from our team:
- Bad jokes
- Bad taste in music
- Bad singing
But overall a team who really help one another and work closely with each other and have fun doing so!
We do not work in silos and we advocate honesty and transparency.